Barai Temple is a dungeon in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. This temple is initially submerged within the Barai Pond at Ayuthay. When the Alchemy Well has been temporarily reversed, the water will recede and the temple can be entered. Deep within is the Insight Glass that will choose someone from Ayuthay to learn Insight. The interior of the temple, particularly the entrance, is decorated with images of the Luna Mask.
In search of the Sol Mask needed to reactivate the Alchemy Forge, Matthew and his group are sent by Baghi to Ayuthay to seek advice as to how to retrieve it from the Ouroboros. Upon arrival, they learn from King Paithos of the Insight Glass with the temple and are tasked with reversing the Alchemy Well in order to retrieve it. Using the power of the Sand Prince Stone, the party of Adepts, joined by Amiti, succeed in reversing the flow and entering the until recently submerged temple. Curiously, they find a couple of already emptied chests, indicating they aren't the first ones to explore it. One of these chests has had its original content replaced with a note telling the Adepts that what they seek lies deeper within the temple. Upon reaching the innermost depths, Matthew and co. solve one final puzzle, creating a whirlpool that leads to the Insight Glass. It is here revealed that the Insight Glass chooses its wielder and Amiti ends up becoming the wielder of the Insight Psynergy. Having retrieved what they came for, the party proceeds to exit the temple.
- Storm Brand: Found in a chest in B2 floor
- Kimono: Found in a chest behind the most left waterfall in B2 floor
- Surge: Getting it by throwing a fireball to it and chase it to the lower level.
- The entrance to the chamber that holds the Insight Glass is similar to the entrance into Aqua Rock in that water must drop into the center of a pond, creating a whirlpool that brings Matthew's party to a lower floor.
- The images of the Luna Mask within the temple are analogous to those of the Sol Mask within the Ouroboros. This, plus the appearance of already empty chests, could be meant to indicate that the Luna Mask was retrieved from Barai Temple.
- The name is likely in reference to the areas near Angkor Wat (in Cambodia) - East and West Baray, specifically.